Posted by Michael Wonder on 24 Nov 2021
Agenda for the March 2022 PBAC meeting
24 November 2021 - The agenda for the March 2022 PBAC meeting is now available.
The PBAC is due to consider at least 57 submissions (48 initial, 9 resubmissions) at its first scheduled meeting for 2022. More submissions will be added to the agenda in week 8.
Of the 57 submissions:
- 53 (92%) are for a PBS medicine; 2 (4%) are for a PBS medicinal preparation and 2 (4%) are for a NIP vaccine
- 18 (32%) are for a new medicine
- 14 (25%) are for an oncology; 8 (14%) are for haematology and just 1 (2%) is for a medicine for cardiovascular medicine
Submissions of note:
- A submission from Novo Nordisk for semaglutide (Wegovy) for obesity. The PBAC has already held a stakeholder meeting in advance of this submission.
- A submission from Roche for a new implant formulation of ranibizumab (Susvimo) for age-related macular denegeration
- Submissions from Novo Nordisk and Pfizer for new medicines for patients with growth hormone deficiency; while one medicine (somapacitan; Sogroya) is for adult-onset; the other somatrogon (Ngenla) is for paediatric-onset.
Four companies each lodged 3 submissions:
More insights in tomorrow's edition.
Read PBS News