Posted by Michael Wonder on 29 Apr 2019
Proposal to decline inactive applications
29 April 2019 - To help make its decision-making process clearer, PHARMAC is seeking feedback on a proposal to make decisions to decline funding applications.
These decisions are:.
- Cisapride for gastro-intestinal motility disorders
- Melatonin widened access for primary insomnia in patients aged 55 years and older and secondary insomnia associated with dementia
- Methylphenidate widened access for depression and traumatic brain injury
- Paracetamol sustained release for pain
- Sibutramine hydrochloride for severe obesity
- Simeprevir for chronic hepatitis C genotype 1
- Temozolomide widened access for glioma (brain tumour)
- Trastuzumab for HER2-positive advanced gastric cancer
These applications are inactive, meaning that PHARMAC is not currently actively undertaking any work to progress the application for funding.
Read PHARMAC consultation