Posted by Michael Wonder on 28 Jan 2022
Recommendations made by the PBAC – December 2021 intracycle meeting
28 January 2022 - Recommendations made by the PBAC in December 2021 relating to the listing of medicines on the PBS have been published.
The PBAC recommended the following medicines:
- Elexecaftor with tezacaftor and ivacaftor (Trikafta) - patients aged 12 years and older with cystic fibrosis who have at least one F508del mutation in the CFTR gene (F/any population) (new indication). The resubmission from Vertex Pharmaceuticals was not consistent with the Committee's previous advice. Listing is contingent on a price reduction. Watch this space!
- Lorlatinib (Lorviqua) - patients with stage IIIB (locally advanced) or stage IV (metastatic) non-squamous or not otherwise specified type non-small-cell lung cancer with evidence of an ALK gene rearrangement in tumour material (new indication). Yet another recommendation made on the basis of a comparison against the lowest cost (least costly) alternative.
- Clopidogrel hydrogen sulphate (multiple brands) - restriction change
- Clopidogrel hydrogen sulphate with aspirin (multiple brands) - restriction change
- Hydroxychloroquine (multiple brands)- restriction change
- Ibrutinib (Imbruvica) - restriction change
- Venetoclax (Venclexta) - restriction change
- Idelalisib (Zydelig) - restriction change
- Lumacaftor with ivacaftor (Orkambi) - review of Managed Access Program
Read PBAC recommendations