Posted by Michael Wonder on 14 Nov 2016
TGA key performance indicators: July 2015 to June 2016
14 November 2016 - The TGA has published a self-assessed rating of its overall performance for the year ending 30 June 2016.
Overall the TGA claims it met the requirements of the its regulator performance framework through meeting KPIs 1, 3, 5 & 6 with a 'strong performance' against these measures and through substantially meeting KPIs 2 & 4.
The regulator performance framework comprises six outcomes-based KPIs to articulate the Government’s overarching expectations of regulator performance:
- Regulators do not unnecessarily impede the efficient operation of regulated entities
- Communication with regulated entities is clear, targeted and effective
- Actions undertaken by regulators are proportionate to the regulatory risk being managed
- Compliance and monitoring approaches are streamlined and coordinated
- Regulators are open and transparent in their dealings with regulated entities
- Regulators actively contribute to the continuous improvement of regulatory frameworks
Read TGA's summary performance on the 6 KPIs